A day or two after Thanksgiving, many families wonder just how they will use all of their leftover turkey. Leftover turkey is the perfect ingredient for turkey fajitas and turkey wraps! Both recipes are an easy and budget friendly way to take advantage of delicious leftover turkey. Best of all, each recipe is kid friendly to eat and preapre.
Turkey Fajitas Recipe
- Leftover turkey
- Taco or fajita seasoning mix
- Hard tacos and/or tortillas
- Frozen bell pepper and onion mix
- Your favorite shredded cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes or your favorite salsa
- Spray a pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Heat the pan on medium heat.
- Cook the frozen bell pepper and onion stir fry mix for seven to ten minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium low.
- Add the turkey to the bell pepper and onion mixture.
- Add the taco or fajita seasoning mix to the pan, and mix well.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Warm the tacos or tortillas according to package directions while the turkey mixture is simmering.
- Place the turkey mixture into the tacos or on the tortillas.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, and your favorite cheese blend.
- Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Leftover Turkey Wrap Recipe
- Leftover turkey
- Provolone cheese
- Cook the turkey according to package directions.
- Cut the leftover turkey into deli slices while the bacon is cooking.
- Spread a line of turkey on the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla over the layer of turkey.
- Add a line of lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon, rolling the tortilla after each addition.
- Secure the wrap by tucking all sides of the tortilla into it, as well as adding toothpicks if needed.
- If your child isnít crazy about sandwiches, but loves turkey, consider sending some diced turkey and a side or two of fruit for his school lunch.
- The next time you make your famous chili recipe, why not add turkey instead of beef? Youíll significantly decrease the fat and calories of the recipe, and save money at the same time.
- Turkey isnít just for Thanksgiving! Consider roasting a turkey breast in the oven or slow cooker at other times of year. Turkey can be substituted in casseroles, soups, and sandwiches.