Cooking with kids over the holidays can create lifelong traditions and fun memories. However, you don't have to spend lots of money on baking supplies.
If you’re seeking a budget friendly but festive treat to make with your kids, look no further than a bag of peppermint candies or candy canes. These candies can turn any ordinary treat into a holiday delight.
Brownies, hot chocolate, and ice cream can be enjoyed in a new and different way by using one bag of peppermint candies.
- 1 bag of peppermint candies or miniature candy canes
- 1 box of brownie mix
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the box.
- Pour brownie mix in the pan.
- Place peppermint candies or candy candes over the top of the brownie mix, until the entire top of the mix is covered in peppermint.
- Bake according to package directions.
Peppermint Topped Hot Chocolate
- 1 bag of peppermints or miniature candy canes
- Instant hot chocolate mix, or your own homemade mix
- Whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Prepare hot chocolate as directed.
- Crush the bag of peppermints or candy canes (making sure the wrappers are removed).
- Add whip cream to the top, if desired.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint over the mugs of hot chocolate.
Peppermint Ice Cream
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Crushed peppermint or candy canes
- Place a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermints or candy canes over the scoops of ice cream.
- Leftover candy canes can be used to decorate your Christmas tree or table setting. Simply hang the candy canes on tree branches, or put one at each place setting for a festive look.
- Leftover peppermint candies can be spread throughout your table for a fun decoration, or put in a bowl in the center of the table.