Looking for something easy for Easter Brunch? This quick Slow Cooker Ham, Eggs, and Hash Browns can be put together in about 15 minutes hands-on time. It can be assembled in the slow cooker before leaving for church, and will be ready as soon as everyone gets home. It’s almost a complete meal and needs only a brunch bread of some kind and fruit for a complete meal that’s good enough for company. If company isn’t coming, toast or warm tortillas and a grapefruit half will complement the meal nicely.
This casserole is easy enough for a leisurely weekend breakfast, too. It can also be assembled the night before and put on a timer to start cooking 3 or 4 hours before planning to serve. Inexpensive timers are available at hardware, variety, and department stores. They’re perfect for slow cooker dishes and prevent overcooking.
1 pound frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons cold butter, chopped
1/2 pound diced lean ham
2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup medium salsa
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Spray the crock of a 2-3 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Place half of the hash browns on the bottom; top with half of the onion and half of the butter.
- Sprinkle half of the ham over the butter, then half of the cheese. Repeat.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salsa, salt, and pepper; pour evenly over the cheese.
- Set the slow cooker to the low setting and cook on low 3-6 hours or until set.
- Serve with additional salsa if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 237
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 57% Protein 25% Carb. 18%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 26 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 351 mg
Sodium 1245 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 26 g
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 28% Calcium 0% Iron 14%