Summer gatherings are generally casual, so cookies make a great dessert. Bar cookies are the quickest to make, and these Chocolate Oatmeal Toffee Bars are even quicker than normal since they start with a cake mix and there are very few ingredients to measure. In fact, 30 minutes is all that is needed to mix and bake these delicious chewy bars.
3/4 cup butter, (1 1/2 sticks)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 18 1/4 ounce yellow cake Mix
2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups toffee baking bits
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line an 11 x 17" jellyroll pan with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Stir in the cake mix and oatmeal until well combined.
- Stir in the toffee baking bits, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Press the mixture evenly onto the prepared jellyroll pan; it will seem that the mixture is very thin; that is as it should be.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool thoroughly.
- Place the topping ingredients in a microwaveable container and microwave 1 minute.
- Let sit for a minute or two and stir until melted.
- Drizzle the topping over the bars.
- When the topping is set, cut into 48 bars or squares.
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 75
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 3% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 106 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%