If there’s a package of shredded pork from the Basic Shredded Pork Module in the freezer, this 4-ingredient Quick Chile Verde Enchiladas casserole can be easily put together in about 15 minutes. Three store-bought convenience foods: packaged, shredded cheese, canned green chile enchilada sauce (which, unlike its red counterpart, is quite good), and packaged corn tortillas make up the rest of the dish. Rice and beans are good accompaniments if there’s time, but a nice salad is all that is really needed when time is short.
Although it will take a little longer to prepare, leftover shredded cooked chicken, or rotisserie chicken from the grocery store can be substituted for the shredded pork. For a change, use turkey from the Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Module, or cooked ground beef from the Basic Ground Beef Module; they are both great in these enchiladas.
1 28 oz. can green chile enchilada sauce, such as Macayo or Las Palma
2 cups Shredded Pork from the Basic Pork Module
3 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
12 corn tortillas
- Spread 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9 x 13" shallow glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the shredded pork with 2 cups of the cheese; stir in 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce to moisten.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the filling on each tortilla, roll up, and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas, then sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cheese over the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese on top is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 221
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 24% Carb. 28%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 86 mg
Sodium 1339 mg
Total Carbohydrate 32 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 28 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 17%