It seems that whenever spaghetti is on the menu, there is always leftover pasta. This Spaghetti Oven Omelet makes good use of that pasta and is quick and easy to prepare. Not only is this a good choice to serve for breakfast or brunch, it’s also great for a quick dinner. Besides leftover pasta, this easy omelet uses a good amount of zucchini, which has a tendency to pile up in the early fall. The sauce is simply a bottle of marinara or spaghetti sauce, or of course homemade if it’s available. The basic recipe is meatless, but it can be made more substantial by throwing in some chopped ham or cooked, crumbled bacon.
Jake and Austin, two of my most discriminating recipe tasters, ate two servings each of this omelet and packed up the leftovers to take home and eat for breakfast. This omelet really made an impression on Austin; in fact, he actually asked for the recipe so his Mom could make it for him at home (asking for a recipe is not a common thing for a 12 year old boy). Since he liked it that much, it’s likely that most kids of all ages will like it too.
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 pound shredded zucchini (about two medium)
2 cups cooked spaghetti
1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup grated cheddar jack cheese, or freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 26 oz. jar marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Melt the butter in a 10" cast iron or non-stick skillet that is at least 1 1/2 " deep.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the zucchini and cook over medium heat until it becomes limp.
- Stir in the spaghetti.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the soup, eggs, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the spaghetti mixture in the pan.
- Let the omelet cook 5 minutes without stirring.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Heat the marinara sauce and serve over wedges of the omelet.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 161
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 17% Carb. 33%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 18 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 191 mg
Sodium 1067 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 14 g
Vitamin A 38% Vitamin C 30% Calcium 0% Iron 12%