Need a treat for Halloween, but only have a few minutes? Crispy Cocoa Halloween Bars can be made in a about 15 minutes using the microwave. They’re easy enough for the older kids to make on their own (although an adult should be present whenever kids are using the microwave), and they are chewy and fun.
These treats will be a big hit with the kids at the annual Halloween BOO-ffet; they’re also great for packaging in Halloween treat bags or as a treat at family gatherings. There are only four ingredients: butter, marshmallows, cereal, and Halloween candy; nothing could be easier.
1/4 cup butter
1 10 oz. package marshmallows
6 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal, or Cocoa Dyna-bites
1 cup Halloween M&Ms
1 cup candy corn
- Spray a 9 x 13" glass baking dish with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Spray a large microwaveable bowl and a wooden spoon or spatula with non-stick spray.
- Place the butter and marshmallows in the sprayed bowl.
- Microwave on high power until melted, stirring every 1 minute.
- Stir in the Cocoa Krispies. and Halloween candy.
- Mix well and press (butter or spray hands with non-stick spray) into the prepared baking dish.
- Let sit for a few minutes in a cool place to set.
- Cut into 24 squares or bars
Note: 2 cups marshmallow cream may be used instead of the marshmallows.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 124 Calories from Fat 22
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 18% Protein 2% Carb. 80%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 115 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 0% Iron 4%