What says Christmas more than Cranberries and oranges? The following showstopper Cranberry Orange Chicken is a very festive and delicious dish that can be served throughout the holiday season and will receive rave reviews from everyone. It can be made in less than 30 minutes in a skillet on the stovetop, and utilizes chicken cutlets from the Chicken Cutlet Module. The module can be prepared quickly and frozen for a month or so, which will save loads of time on busy days.
Serve this dish with rice or couscous and a green vegetable; start the rice in the rice cooker before starting the chicken. Microwave the vegetables while the chicken cutlets are heating in the sauce – that way everything will be done at about the same time.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup white wine
2 teaspoons granular chicken bouillon
1 cup water
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup orange marmalade
8 chicken cutlets from the chicken cutlet module
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet; add the onion and stir-fry until the onion is limp, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and granular chicken bouillon; turn the heat to high and let boil until the liquid is absorbed.
- Zest the orange and add it to the onions, squeeze the juice from the orange into the skillet, and add the water, cranberries, brown sugar, and marmalade.
- Bring to a boil and boil 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have popped and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the chicken cutlets, turn to coat with sauce, and let cook until they are just barely cooked through.
- Serve with rice or couscous.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 91
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 35% Protein 30% Carb. 32%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 51 mg
Sodium 205 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 19 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 21% Calcium 0% Iron 2%