Andy Kimose is a Cordon Bleu trained chef with unique and innovative food ideas. While a few of his recipes are complicated, he believes in simplicity for most dishes. In fact, he insists that the only difference between gourmet and his simple but good dishes is about fifty bucks! Luckily, he shares some of his recipes, and his latest chicken wing recipe is so good, it is a must-serve for busy BellaOnline Quick Cooking site readers who are planning to celebrate Superbowl Sunday with good food. Chef Kimo’s Sticky Chipotle Wings are quick and easy (especially if precooked wings from the Basic Chicken Wing Module are in the freezer. These wings are fabulous, and have the perfect blend of hot, sweet, and savory; they will become a favorite of all armchair quarterbacks as well as those who aren’t watching the game on television, but are hanging out in the kitchen.
The heat of these wings can be varied by increasing or reducing the amount of chipotle chilies used in the sauce. The following recipe makes medium-hot wings, suitable for most palates, but a little too hot for bona fide wimps and children. Since the finished wings are sticky, make sure there are plenty of napkins.
12 Servings (24 wings)
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 7 oz. jar chipotle chilies packed in adobo sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
24 Cooked chicken wings from the Chicken Wing Module
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Melt the butter in a skillet; add the brown sugar, honey, and cider vinegar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the chilies and mash with a fork; add the pepper and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then press the mixture through a fine sieve or strainer into a bowl.
- Dip the wings individually into the sauce until each is well-coated, and lay them on the parchment-line baking sheets, making sure there is plenty of room in between.
- Bake 10 minutes, turn, and bake an additional 10 more minutes or until sticky. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 146
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 56% Protein 30% Carb. 14%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 227 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 20 g
Vitamin A 23% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 0% Iron 6%