Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
We Believe in God's Son, Jesus Christ
SUPPLIES: Set of Scriptures for each family member, Children�s Songbook or Selected Music from Church Music Site (There is a link included at the end of this lesson.), Gospel Art Picture Kit or Selected Pictures from Church Website (There is a link included at the end of this lesson.)
PREPARATION: Prayerfully study the lesson in order to prepare yourself to teach your family about Jesus Christ. Gather pictures from Gospel Art Kit or Church Website and write the scripture references on slips of paper for the activity. If there is more than one scripture reference for a picture, then group them together on a single strip of paper.
SONG: Tell Me the Stories of Jesus, Children�s Songbook, page 57
SCRIPTURE: �We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost." (A of F 1:1)
OBJECTIVE: To learn about Jesus Christ and His life through the scriptures.
NOTE: The purpose of this lesson is to cover the life stories of the Savior. This lesson will not cover the death and the atonement of Christ. This subject will be covered in depth in a future lesson.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is our Savior and our Redeemer. Jesus came to earth and is our perfect example. We can learn about Him and how to follow Him in the scriptures.
What are some of your favorite stories in the scriptures about Jesus?
Allow family members to respond.
Bear testimony that we can learn all about the Savior and how to be like Him through the scriptures.
For this activity, you and your family will be matching pictures from the life of Jesus that are included in the Gospel Art Kit, with the scriptures that tell that story from Christ�s life. This is a great way to practice finding scriptures and bringing them to life through the pictures from the Gospel Art Kit that represent these scripture stories.
If you have very young children, you can modify this activity by just showing the pictures and seeing how many of the stories they know. Briefly tell each scripture story or have a family member tell it to the best of their ability.
Here are the pictures and scripture references that you will need for this activity:
1. #201 � The Nativity � Luke 2:1-16
2. #205 � Boy Jesus in the Temple �Luke 2:41-52
3. #206 � Childhood of Jesus Christ � Matthew 13:55-56, Matthew 3:24-25,
4. #208 � John the Baptist Baptizing Jesus � Matthew 3:13-17, Mark 1:9-11,
Luke 3:21-23, Matthew 3:44-46
5. #209 � Calling of the Fisherman � Matthew 4:18-22, Mark 1:16-20, Luke 5:1-11
6. #211 � Christ Ordaining the Apostles � Matthew 10:1-4, Mark 3:13-19,
Luke 6:12-16, John 15:16
7. #212 � Sermon on the Mount � Matthew 5-7
8. #213 � Christ Healing a Blind Man � John 9:1-17, 35-38
9. #214 � Stilling the Storm � Matthew 8:23-27, Mark 4:36-41, Luke 8:22-25
10. #215 � Jesus Blessing Jairus�s Daughter � Matthew 9:18-19, 23-25,
Mark 5:22-24, 35-43,
Luke 8:41-42, 49-56
11. #217 � Christ and the Samaritan Woman � John 4:3-30, 39-42
12. #219 � Mary and Martha � Luke 10:38-42
13. #221 �The Ten Lepers � Luke 17:11-19
14. #222 � Jesus Raising Lazarus from the Dead � John 11:1-45
15. #226 � Jesus Washing the Apostles� Feet � John 13:4-15
16. #243 � Christ Walking on the Water � Matthew 14:13-33, Mark 6:45-51
CONCLUSION: We believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We can learn about Him and His life in the scriptures.
Content copyright © 2014 by Brenda Emmett. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Brenda Emmett. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Brenda Emmett for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.