Jesus Appears After His Resurrection
- To Mary of Magdalene ………....Mark 16:9-11;
- To the other women at the tomb ……..…Matthew 28:8-10
- To Peter in Jerusalem………..Luke 24:34
- To the two travelers on the road …….…Mark 16:12,13
- To eleven disciples behind closed doors…….…Mark 16:14;
Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-25
- To all the disciples (with Thomas and
excluding Judas Iscariot)………..John 20:26-31;
1 Corinthians 15:5
- To seven disciples while fishing………..John 21:1-4
- To eleven disciples on the mountain……..Matthew 28:16-20
- To a crowd of 500………..1 Corinthians 15:6
- To His brother James………..1 Corinthians 15:7
- To those who watched Jesus ascend
into Heaven………..Luke 24:44-51; Acts 1:3-8
For the Scripture, click here.
Those who knew Jesus and saw Him after He rose from the grave, changed the world. Are these witnesses credible? Most of them died for being followers of Christ and for telling of His resurrection. People rarely die for a lie or halfhearted belief.
If there isn't resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised either. If Christ was not raised, then all our preaching is useless, and trust in God is useless. And we apostles would all be lying about God, for we have said that God raised Christ from the grave, but that can’t be true if there isn't a resurrection of the dead. .
And if Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless, and you are still under condemnation for your sins.
A Walk With the Women of the Bible
EBook by Lynne Chapman
Join me in getting to know some amazing
women of the Bible
while we extract valuable insights and
lessons from their lives.
Now available for Kindle under new title
A Walk With EVE
Also availble in paperback from Cafe Press.
Names of God Ebook
Almighty God. The Creator of heaven and earth.
Our God is given names in Scripture that
describe the characteristics of His personality.
Experience God through the names given Him in Scripture.
You Should Also Read:
A Good Friday Thought
The Meaning of Lent
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lynne Chapman for details.