More About Magic, Divination and Witchcraft
- Exodus 22:18 Do not allow a sorceress to live.
- Leviticus 20:6 God says He will set his face against the person who turns to medium and spiritists and I will cut him off from his people.
- Leviticus 20:27 A man or woman who is a medium and has a familiar spirit or is a wizard shall surely be put to death, be stoned with stones: their blood shall be upon them.
- Deuteronomy 18:10,11 God doesn't want to find anyone among His people who practices divination, engages in witchcraft or who consults the dead.
- Micah 5:12 I will destroy your witchcraft and you will no longer cast spells.
- Leviticus 19:26 You shall not practice augury (divination) or witchcraft.
- Deuteronomy says it is abhorrent to the Lord to consult ghosts and oracles of the dead.
Deuteronomy 18:10-12 Let no one be found among you who…practices divination, sorcery, engages in witchcraft, consults the dead. God says that anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord.
- Deuteronomy 18:13,14God tells us that we are to be blameless and absolutely true to the Lord God. God told Israel that the nations that He allowed them to drive out of the land practiced sorcery and divination. His blessed people, Israel, were not to be like them.
- In Acts 8:18-19, when a man wanted to buy the ability to perform miracles, Peter told him "Destruction overtake your money and you because you imagined you could obtain the free gift of God with money!"
- Acts 19: 17b-20 the name of the Lord Jesus was held in high honor. Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed their evil deeds (magical spells and formulas). A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly.
- Galatians 5:19-21 says that the acts of the sinful nature are obvious; sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery (open shameless display of evils); idolatry and witchcraft;... those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Revelation 9:21 Nor did they repent of their murder, their magic arts,... (Even during the end-time judgments some will not repent)
- Revelation 21:8 ... the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters... their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.
- Revelation 22:15 Outside are the dogs(referring to evil people), those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters,....
Even though the magic arts are condemned by the Bible, they flourished in biblical times as they do today because of the human desire to be in control of situations rightfully belonging to God. As I look over my study this week, even playing at magic or 'witchery' loses its appeal. God's word stands for what it is - the ultimate and final Word. I won't treat it lightly.
God certainly promises punishment for participating in the occult, but stronger is His promise to forgive and to welcome you with open arms.
If you have been involved in them and want to change, all that is needed is:
Confession: Admit what you have done and agree with Him.
Repentance: Be earnestly sorry for what you have done, decide not to do it again and turn away from it.
An invitation: Ask Jesus Christ into your life and experience life as you have never known it.
You Should Also Read:
Pray Your Kids Back to School
Magic, Divination, Witchcraft - page 1
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lynne Chapman for details.