Who Rules the Nation?
On the other hand, if none of the campaign ads are factual, as I am inclined to believe, then they are a complete waste of my time and a dreadful waste of money.
By the time Election Day arrives, I’m wondering if I will vote for anyone. A friend jested that she will write-in Harrison Ford as a candidate because he did such a good job as president in the 1997 movie, Air Force One.
Seriously, sometimes I have to step back from the political hubbub and candidate bashing that fills the media and remind myself that I need not participate in it. As a Christian and as a citizen, I have a responsibility to cast an educated vote remembering that in the end it is God who holds the reigns of the nation. No matter what happens on Election Day, whether my candidate wins or loses, the next morning will dawn according to God’s design.
I am sure God is frustrated with us when we get caught up in political arguments. His words are in the Bible. Time and again He assures us of His sovereign care.
- Proverbs 19:21 tells us that even though we make our plans, it is God’s purpose that will stand.
- In Isaiah 45:6-7, the Lord says that He creates light and darkness, well-being and even calamity. He is the one and only ruler of the nation.
When I begin to worry about what will happen to me in the future, I must remember that God has already assured me of His care.
- Romans 8:28 tells me that God causes all things to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
- Jeremiah 29:11 says that the Lord has plans for me. They are plans for my welfare and not for evil. His plans for me include a future and a hope.
- In Joshua 1:9, God commanded Joshua to be strong and courageous. He was not to be frightened or distressed. God assured him that wherever he went, he would never be alone. That is the case with us as well. Those of us who are in Christ are always in His care.
You Should Also Read:
A Christian in the Voting Booth
This is My God !
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lynne Chapman for details.