Cultivate Sacred Moments, Matthew Thirteen
It was an inspiring worship service. We sang of our love to the Lord. We prayed together and for each other. We thanked the Lord for his good gifts. Testimonies of God’s care touched my heart. I had tears in my eyes while listening to those whose lives had been changed by faith in Jesus.
We left the service feeling very close to God. The Holy Spirit had spoken to our hearts. We left the service with the feeling that God was so close we could reach out and touch him.
After these precious moments and others like them, I praised God and my faith was strong. I was left with an awareness of the safety and security of the Father’s love.
As is common to all of us, it was back to work the next day. We went back to dealing with the pressures and challenges of living. The evil one likes to divert our attention. So, gradually, the glow of the precious moment fades. It doesn’t take long to fall into old habits of living. Occasionally, we might even doubt God’s faithfulness, or his ability. The more we focus on the trouble, the more we lose sight of the sacred moments.
- Let’s remember Jesus is with us always. Let’s pay attention and treasure his word to us. Cultivate the soil. Let the seeds of precious moments grow into firm enduring faith.
- I will journal, or write down the precious truths from the worship service and testimonies. And I will review those truths, often.
- Every morning I will praise God for every good gift he has provided.
- Every morning I will read Scripture, ask for understanding, and thank him for his word to me.
- I will ask the Spirit for his guidance throughout the day.
- Every evening I will thank God for his good gifts and for his guidance throughout my day.
- Every evening I will thank God for the challenges that have caused me to lean harder on him.
- I will keep this list at hand, because I’m likely to forget.
Father, you have promised to be with me always, and I believe you. Thank you for the precious times and sacred moments when you remind me how close you are.
Read: Matthew 13:1-9 & 18-23, Mark 9:24
(I’m not a teacher. These are my thoughts about what God is teaching me.)
You Should Also Read:
Experiencing the Shepherd - Jehovah-Rohi
Begin Prayer with Worship
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lynne Chapman for details.