Shrimp and Mozzarella Kebabs Recipe
A fun and easy to make shrimp dish.
- 16 large, fresh shrimp
- 12 oz Mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- fresh ground, black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 Tbs breadcrumbs
- oil for deep frying
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 crushed bay leaves
- Remove the shells from the shrimp.
- Thread the shrimp lengthwise with the cubes of cheese onto 4 skewers.
- Season with salt and pepper and then roll in flour.
- Dip each kabob into the beaten egg.
- Roll each kabob in the breadcrumbs.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, heat the oil to 350F.
- Lower the kabobs into the oil and deep fry for 4-5 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Drain the kabobs on paper towels, and put on a heated serving dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon rind, lemon juice, and bay leaves.
- Serve with Bagna Cauda Sauce.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Rival CZF575 Stainless Steel Deep Fryer
Take the chore out of cooking your favorite foods with this convenient Rival deep fryer. Made of durable, stylish stainless steel, it features an extra-large 3-liter/12-cup oil capacity and Cool-Zone immersion heating for faster heat-up and restaurant style results. Adjustable temperature control provides a full range of temperatures, while the view window allows you to monitor the cooking without opening the lid. Cleanup is easy with the dishwasher safe lid, oil pot, housing and basket. As an added safety feature, the exclusive SureRelease power cord disconnects from the unit if the cord is pulled or tugged. Imported. 12Hx17Wx9D".
You Should Also Read:
Cioppino -- Italian Fish Stew Recipe
Lasagna with Shrimp and Scallops Recipe
The World's Easiest Italian Shrimp Salad Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.