Martial Arts Halloween Costumes
In the past years, it's been a bit difficult to find any good quality Martial Arts costumes. Most were just the standard karate costumes. This year, I'm really excited by the wide selection of costumes. Here are just a few I found:
Girl's Pink Ninja outfit
- Okay, what girl wouldn't love to be both stylish and powerful? This costume says it all. I love how details the dragon looks. Your daughter not a pink girl? No worries, it comes in blue as well.
The Last Airbender
- The live-action movie may be over a year old now, but there's still mileage to be had out of the cartoon and the characters. Here are a few of the costumes available from this movie.
Ninja Double Sword
- I swear if my husband were still into dressing up for Halloween he'd want to get one of these. These double swords comes with back straps so you can feel like you're doing an authentic drawing of your swords like any good ninja.
Muay Thai Boxer
- Shorts. First, you need to have a pair of satin shorts that come down to just about the knees. These should be loose fitted with an elastic waist.
- Hand/feet wraps. The hands and knees are normally wrapped for protection while they fight. You can purchase hand/foot wraps from most sports stores. But if you don't want to do that, you can either buying ace bandage from a local drug store or use strips of cloth for the same effect.
- Mongkol is the traditional headdress for a Muay Thai fighter. It's normally a braided rope that is bound behind and trails into a tassel. If you don't want to purchase one, you can make one yourself by purchasing a rope curtain tie and binding it in back with a rope based on the size of the head.
When my child's school did a presentation on Thailand, there were a number of boys and girls who decided they wanted to be Muay Thai boxers. This is a great idea for a simple Halloween costume. All you need is a few items and all are variable based upon how "authentic" you want to be.
Hope you find the costume you're looking for. Happy Halloween everyone!
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Caroline Chen-Whatley. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Caroline Chen-Whatley. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.