Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
The BubbleBum Booster Seat Review
The first thing parents need to know about the BubbleBum Booster Seat is its ability and/or limitations for keeping children who use it safe. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the BubbleBum Booster Seat meets the US Federal Safety Standards and strict crash performance standards. So parents, it may not look like the average heavy duty booster seat we’ve grown accustomed to seeing, but it is as safe.
However, no product can do its job properly if it is not used properly. One of BubbleBum’s best features is its portability. That means it may be used by different family members and in different vehicles. Parents should take extra time reading the owner’s manual and make others who may transport your child aware of the proper usage. It’s not a lot of pages of small print, but it is important information. The BubbleBum’s owner's manual does a good job detailing the proper use of the product. Here are a few of those details:
• It is unsafe to use the booster with a lap belt only, like the back middle seat in many vehicles. The shoulder belt must lie across the child’s shoulder and the lap belt must be “low and snug” on the child’s hip (not across the stomach).
• Never use the booster seat with a “passive restraint,” meaning a lap or shoulder belt mounted on a door. Also, for the safety of your child, do not use the seat with a motorized shoulder belt or one that moves along a track. This means the booster, for safety reasons, cannot be used in all vehicles or in all seat positions within a vehicle.
• Size requirements - weight between 40- 100 pounds, height 40-57 inches
• Questions? Use the toll free number to contact customer service!
• The inflatable seat is very lightweight and comes with a drawstring travel bag, making it very easy to carry and store.
• It is not recommended for air travel, nor is it FAA approved. BubbleBum requires a shoulder belt for proper restraint and most regular airplane seating only has a lap belt.
• It’s a good idea to keep the instructions tucked in the bottom of the booster seat (just in case your child is travelling in a new car).
• The BubbleBum Booster Seat is priced around $40 and has an above average “ease of use” rating from the NHTSA.
• Do not remove the booster cover or use the seat without it.
• Use mild detergent for surface cleaning only. Do not machine wash.
• It is recommended that the booster seat be replaced if damaged or involved in an accident.
BubbleBum Booster Seat
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Nina Guilbeau. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Nina Guilbeau. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nina Guilbeau for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.