A light peach tart made with ricotta cheese.
- 4 large ripe peaches
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- pie crust dough
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Drop the peaches into the water for 10 seconds. Remove and rinse under cold water.
- The skins should slip off. You can use a small knife to get them started.
- Cut each peach into 8 slices. Set these aside.
- Combine the ricotta, eggs, vanilla, cornstarch, and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and pine nuts.
- Mix in the peaches.
- Roll out your pie crust to 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush the butter onto a quiche pan.
- Place the pie crust into the pan.
- Bake at 375F for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the peaches and cheese mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Bella Italian Food Recommends:
Nordic Ware Quiche Tart Pan
This pan molds quiches, tarts, and cakes with pretty fluted sides. The removable bottom means they come out intact. A quiche of broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes (recipe included) demonstrates how crisply the fluting details emerge. The pan holds 4 cups, enough to serve four to six people. Made of aluminized steel for rust and warp resistance, it's a sturdy pan with a long life expectancy. The nonstick coating ensures quiches, tarts, and cakes pop out intact. --Fred Brack