Peach Tart Recipe
A light peach tart made with ricotta cheese.
- 4 large ripe peaches
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- pie crust dough
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Drop the peaches into the water for 10 seconds. Remove and rinse under cold water.
- The skins should slip off. You can use a small knife to get them started.
- Cut each peach into 8 slices. Set these aside.
- Combine the ricotta, eggs, vanilla, cornstarch, and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and pine nuts.
- Mix in the peaches.
- Roll out your pie crust to 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush the butter onto a quiche pan.
- Place the pie crust into the pan.
- Bake at 375F for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the peaches and cheese mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Bella Italian Food Recommends:
Nordic Ware Quiche Tart Pan
This pan molds quiches, tarts, and cakes with pretty fluted sides. The removable bottom means they come out intact. A quiche of broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes (recipe included) demonstrates how crisply the fluting details emerge. The pan holds 4 cups, enough to serve four to six people. Made of aluminized steel for rust and warp resistance, it's a sturdy pan with a long life expectancy. The nonstick coating ensures quiches, tarts, and cakes pop out intact. --Fred Brack
You Should Also Read:
Pears Stuffed With Gorgonzola Cheese Recipe
Peaches in Marsala Wine
Oranges in Marsala Sauce
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.