Guest Author - Meredith Ball
The top five ways to go green on April Fool’s Day are....drum roll please.....
1. Sell your house and move into an adobe hut. Better yet, build your home out of straw, or make your own cloth and create a tent. This is not an unusual endeavor as there are folks out there right now, building their own straw and clay huts. Keep in mind that in several countries these are the only homes available to people. So, sell your house, stake your claim to some land, and start building!
2. Stop showering. Yes, you can do this. If you really want to save the world from a water shortage, take your mission seriously for once. Others may comment on the stench after a couple of weeks, but if you have determination and perhaps some homemade potpourri sachets lying around that you can tuck into your clothing, you should be able to get along just fine. Be sure to look around for local rivers, lakes or other places to bathe in as these areas are used throughout the world for cleaning and bathing.
3. Make your own electric car. Google “build your own electric vehicle” and you will be amazed at how many links come up with instructions. There are people who have accomplished this task. You may not know them or have ever heard of them because they didn’t survive to tell the tale, but they succeeded. If you aren’t handy with electrical items, perhaps ask a friend or neighbor to help you with this challenge as it can get pretty technical.
4. Smiles are the only facial gesture allowed for you and your entire family. Studies have shown that if everyone smiled every moment of everyday, there would be enough positive energy to actually charge all of our appliances, lights, and computers. If you think this one isn’t serious, just try it, get everyone you know to try it, for a whole day and see what happens.
5. Kick the french fries, but stick with the grease. Many people are fueling their cars with grease. This is true. Fast food joints will give you their grease for free at the end of the day when leftover drippings can be had from the deep fryer. Your car will need to be outfitted for this contraption, but it is well worth it. Not only will you save gas money, but you will never again want to eat fast food because the smell will overwhelm you on a daily basis and your neighbors will never stop calling your car the McDonald’s Mobile.
Enjoy April Fool’s Day!