Dealing With Your Spouse's Past
Here are 5 suggestions to help you cope.
1. Keep the past where it belongs - in the past. Your partner loves you and is with you - not with his ex. Stop digging up the past and dragging it into the present.
2. Build your own self-esteem and sense of worthiness. Realize that you are unique, special individual. Stop comparing yourself to your spouse's past partners.
3. Trust your mate. Unless your partner has given you reason to believe otherwise, trust him or her. Just becase he was very sexually active in the past, doesn't mean that he will be unfaithful to you.
And here are 2 more tips for the more sexually active partner. Dealing with your spouse's negative emotions, such as jealousy, insecurity and anger, can be really hard. Here are two tips to help you cope.
4. Stop comparing your mate to your ex. This can quickly erode the trust between you and destroy your partner's self-confidence. Look for and focus on your mate's good qualities, the qualities that drew you to him or her in the first place.
I would highly recommend the following book to help you build your partners self-esteem.
5. Take your partner's feelings into consideration. Your wife doesn't need to know what a vixen your ex-girlfriend was in bed, but she may be able to handle that you slept with 3 girls before marrying her.
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Sadiyya Patel. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Sadiyya Patel. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle Taylor for details.