Omniscient God - Antidote to Loneliness
Even the true believer in God strains to understand the truth that he is never alone. Jesus said “I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20
The antidote for loneliness, as for every human condition, is in Scripture. (Hebrews 4:12) This may sound simplistic, but I’ve experienced it every time I pick up my Bible, and continue to depend on it. There is power in God’s word.
- I’m worn out—can’t take another step.
While wandering in the desert, the nation of Israel often thought they’d been abandoned. Even after witnessing miraculous parting of the sea, provision of food and water in the desert, they fell back into depression—every time. They worried and complained, but God watched over them and guided their journey for forty years in the wilderness and beyond. (Deuteronomy 2:7)
- No one understands.
Feeling misunderstood causes alienation. It leads us to doubt if even God knows how we feel.
- We are promised He searches every heart and understands every motive behind thoughts and feelings. (1 Chronicles 28:9)
- I can feel alone, even in a crowded room.
Loneliness is feeling as though no one cares what I do or say. No one values my opinion.
- But God knows my every move. He hears my thoughts and knows my words before they leave my mouth. (Psalm 139:2-4)
- Nothing to contribute.
I feel useless. I’m making no valuable contribution in the world.
- Before I was born, all the days of my life were written in His book. (Psalm 139:16)
I worry about the future. How will I support myself? What if I get sick? Will I have the basics--housing, clothing, food?
- Jesus said my Heavenly Father knows I need all those things. My Heavenly Father spoke the world into being, is He not capable of supplying my needs? (Matthew 6:32)
Another closed door, why is life so hard?
- Scripture says God predestined me to be conformed to the likeness of his Son. With that goal, and with God in control, is anything too hard? (Romans 8:29)
As Creator, there is nothing in all creation that is hidden from his sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before him. (Hebrews 4.13)
Omniscience is possessing complete and unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding. It is the perception of all things.
You Should Also Read:
God Who Sees Your Pain
Jesus Knows You
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lynne Chapman for details.