Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
How to Create a Wellness Retreat
While wellness is "on trend" ethnic beauty, it's not something to be taken lightly. If you're like most women, you're always looking for ways to relax and not necessarily have to leave your house, the city or the country you live in. So how would you go about creating a wellness retreat in your own space? For starters, becoming aware of who you are and what you'd like to experience would be a great place to start. Where ever you find yourself in life, learn not to compromise your health for career or other people.
Where would you begin? Start by selecting items that fall into at least 8 categories:
1. Water - No retreat is complete without having water in the mix. A warm bath that will relax you and allow you to be with yourself is always welcomed. The water element also comes into play with internal hydration. Water infused with fruit or a cup of warm herbal tea will refresh you from within.
2. A Secluded Space - A room that you can retreat to when you need time to wind down, refresh your mind and use just for “You” time. If you don’t have access to an entire room, carve out a corner of a room to call your own. Have journals, pens, sketchbooks or markers even, so that you can record your thoughts and ideas or simply do a brain dump of things you’ve been meaning to do.
3. A Diffuser - Diffusers will also you to experience the beauty of essential oils. Essential oils such as lavender or vanilla are known to work for calming things down. A quick study, not necessarily the best choice of words, will give you information on other oils that are known to help you in relaxing.
4. Calming Sounds - These are great for your wellness space and the best kind of noise to have in your space. Some of the sounds that are used for meditation are sounds such as, birds, bells, nature sounds and the Tibetan bowls.
5. Edible treats - Yes, this is when you can bring your fruit, chocolate and healthy snacks into your your retreat environment and enjoy them, without guilt.
6. Inspiration - Line the walls of your space with written intentions, quotes and artwork that inspire you and that you love having around you. Choose books that you can pull from to feed your soul.
7. A gentle source of light - Whether it’s the full or filtered light of the sun or a scented candle, allow light to enhance the beauty of your space.
8. Plant life - From fresh flowers to baby succulents, plant life gives so much to your space.
Most of these items can become portable. Traveling for the weekend? Try adding what you can to your bag and get the rest when you arrive at your destination. Just because you’re on the go, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the beauty of your wellness retreat.
That's it for this week. As always ...
Dedicated To Your Beauty,
Nyraju Skin Care
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2018 by Juliette Samuel. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Juliette Samuel. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Juliette Samuel for details.
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.