Patate alla Italia - Italian Potatoes Recipe
These Potato Croquettes Italian style are simple to prepare and are a nice change from the usual.
Italians enjoy potatoes and you will often find them offered as a side dish. Italian potato dishes are rarely boring, featuring great texture and flavor. This variation is simple, but the presentation makes them an elegant choice for company or holidays.
- 1 pound potatoes, Yukon gold or blue potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 Tbs oregano
- 1 tsp sage
- salt to taste
- 2 Tbs butter
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Peel the potatoes.
- In a large saucepan cover potatoes with salted water by 2 inches and simmer until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and cool.
- Chill potatoes.
- Set a four-sided grater in a large bowl and coarsely shred potatoes and onion into bowl.
- Season potatoes and onions with salt and black pepper.
- Add the butter, oregano and sage and mix.
- Put shredded potatoes into buttered muffin tins. Pack lightly.
- Bake at 425F degrees for 35 to 40 minutes and potatoes are browned.
- Carefully remove from muffin tins and serve.
Note: The amounts for the oregano and sage are for fresh herbs. If you are using dry herbs, reduce the recipe amounts: 1 Tbs fresh = 1 tsp dry.
Yukon Gold is variety of potato that has a light yellow skin, a fine-grained texture and a rich buttery flavor. It is a potato that contains a higher level of sugar content, thus providing a richer flavor and a golden brown coloring when roasted or fried in a skillet. Yukons are excellent for boiling and making fluffy, mashed potatoes.
You Should Also Read:
Microwave Italian Pot Roast Recipe
Italian Pot Roast Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.