Oh, no, you had a flat tire and company is coming in just 2 hours. That pot roast you were going to cook in the oven will never get done in time. Move the popcorn out of the way and get that roast cooked to perfection in your microwave!
- 3 - 4 pounds beef pot roast (chuck is a good choice)
- 2 medium, yellow onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs parsley
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sage
- 3 yellow squash, sliced in 1/4" rounds
- 3 zucchini, sliced in 1/4" rounds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Place the roast in a large microwavable pan.
- Sprinkle the onions around and on the roast.
- Drizzle the onions and roast with the olive oil.
- Pour the beef broth into the pan.
- Sprinkle the salt, black pepper, red pepper, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and sage around and over the roast.
- Cover and cook at 80% power for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Add the squash and zucchini to the pan, around the roast.
- Microwave at 80% for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and allow to stand, covered, for 15 minutes before slicing.
Notes: The internal temperature of the roast should be 180F when done.
Serve with a green salad and polenta.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Micro-Magic Microwave Pressure Cooker
This is an excellent size for cooking large dishes in the microwave. It holds 10 cups and is perfect for roasts, fresh spinach, and many other uses.
Do you like Italian style beef? Try Braciole - Stuffed Beef Rolls, they make a wonderful alternative to meatballs.