English Garden Plants to use in the shade
Even if you have a shady yard you can use this selection of perennials to create an English Garden. Or try growing them in pots and containers.
- Lady’s mantle or Alchemilla mollis has lemon yellow frothy flowers in summer
- Polygonatum campanulatum has pink flowers from summer to early autumn
- Day Lily or Hemerocallis citrine has fragrant bright yellow blooms in summer – Golden Chimes has golden flowers
- Satin poppy or Meconopsis napaulensis has pink or red flowers in early summer as does the Blue Poppy or Meconopsis betonicifolia.
- Doll’s Eyes or Actaea pachypoda has white flowers in summer
- Hostas make useful dramatic accents though are best grown in pots as they are such a favourite of slugs and snails!
Buzy Lizzies (Impatiens) are colourful annuals that are very easy to grow and are ideal for pots or places which receive very little or no sun. Evergreens such as ivy and ferns can be used to add background, box too will grow in the shade.
Enjoy your English Garden.
You Should Also Read:
Annuals for containers
English Garden White flowers
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Hellie T.. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Hellie T.. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Carol Chernega for details.