These potatoes are perfect for your Independence Day Celebration. This dish is tasty, easy home cooking, and low fat too.
- 3/4 pound blue (purple) potatoes
- 3/4 pound red potatoes
- 3/4 pound small white potatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small Vidalia onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (use chicken broth as a substitute)
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Scrub and cut the potatoes into 1/2" pieces (leave the skin on).
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Mix all ingredients, except the parsley, in a roasting pan. Try and have the potatoes in one single layer.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Stir the potatoes and bake for 15-20 minutes more, depending upon your oven.
- Sprinkle with parsley and mix well.
Note: These potatoes are very nice when garnished with freshly grated cheese.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Melissa's Fingerling Potatoes
The unusual shapes, striking colors, earthly flavors, and buttery textures of Melissa's Fingerling Potatoes are ideal for roasting, grilling, and sautéing. From the rich & buttery Russian Banana and German Butterball varieties, to the exotic Purple Peruvian, and the earthy Ruby Crescent, these tantalizing tubers are the choice of fine restaurants everywhere. While they're only 1-2 in diameter, and 2-3 inches long, Fingerling Potatoes from Melissa's may be small in size but they will make a big impact on your dining room table.