Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Summer Coming To End Activities!
With summer coming to the end, it makes you wonder, where did all the fun in the sun go? It also makes you wonder how you are going to wrap your head around whatever summer ending brings with it. Let’s see how we can end it with some activities that will help make those last days filled with nothing more than memories.
• Cut out magazine pictures of different foods you would like to eat and put them together for a collage
• Look for different objects in the house that begin with each letter in the alphabet (per person)
• Draw a picture for someone you love
• Read the comics together for a day
• Check out a novel from the library and read a little each night together
• Find different ways of using less of your utilities in a week and keep track of it
• Make a time capsule together to be opened next year this same time
• Make up a dream vacation with mapped out hot spots and food courts
• Plan a treasure hunt with items from a list that you put together
• Write a letter to each other letting the other know how their summer is going and how they are enjoying the quality time together
• Create an outdoor movie day (be creative by renting and watching a good movie right in your backyard with popcorn, don’t forget your bug spray)
• Make up different ways of having a couple of lazy days (be very creative when it comes to lazy)
• How many stories can you make up and tell to each other
• Did you rearrange the house yet including bedrooms
• Make a board filled with ways you enjoyed your summer even if it meant taking some much needed naps
• Give yourself a new style (add a scarf, new hair style, a bracelet, ring, necklace etc.)
• Ask your daughter if she could have any job this summer what would it be and why? (watch as conversation and bonding create for a good summer memory)
• Go to the dollar store and buy a disposable camera and take pictures of the rest of your summer together
• First name only (write out your name and from each letter come up with a word that describes you and put it into a sentence)
Summer is almost at its end. And, I’m sure you are enjoying the ability to be able to share quality time with your daughter or even yourself. All things learned from this summer should be welcomed and noted, because you were discovering each other as well as yourself. What part of the summer was your best?
Live, Laugh and Love
“Making a difference in the world one person at a time”
Content copyright © 2013 by Tuculia Washington. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tuculia Washington. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tuculia Washington for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.