This frittata features the homey taste of sweet Italian sausage. It's great for breakfast or supper.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound mild (sweet) Italian sausage
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed in 1/2" size pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 shallot, diced
- In a small saucepan bring the water to a boil.
- Add the potato to the water and cook for 3-5 minutes, just until they are fork tender.
- Drain in a colander.
- Cut the sausage into 1/2" pieces.
- Cook the sausage pieces over medium-high heat until browned.
- Remove the sausage and add the shallot to the pan. Sauté until golden.
- Add the potatoes and sausage to the pan and and cook for one minute.
- Drain off any remaining fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, and parsley. Beat well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage-potato mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 7 - 9 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the frittata.
- Broil the frittata until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Let the frittata set for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.