Guest Author - Meredith Ball
It is not too late to prepare a natural Valentine’s Day gift. In fact, these gifts can be given any day of the year to show someone special how much you love them. The top ten natural ways to show your love are:
1. Write a love poem. Even if you are not a poet or a writer, if you think back to all of the silly sayings, fun memories, and wonderful characteristics of the person you love, it will be easy to write a meaningful and romantic poem. Remember that it doesn’t necessarily have to rhyme and it can be in any style you think your loved one will enjoy.
2. Record a song. You can write your own if you have such a talent, or sing a cover of a song that is meaningful for both of you. Record this song onto your sweet’s collection of music so he or she will be romantically surprised next time their tunes are played.
3. Bake your partner’s favorite treat. Maybe your honey loves chocolate dipped oranges or sweet potato pecan pie. If you can, bake it right before your love is to return home from an errand or work so that he or she is greeted by the aroma upon opening the front door.
4. Hide love notes. How would your sweet feel to open his or her briefcase or lunchbox only to find a special note from you? Or, to lay down his or her head on the pillow at night to feel a little note waiting to be read and enjoyed? Make it meaningful and a note that is special for the two of you.
5. Plant a flower or other plant that is meaningful to both of you on special occasions, whether that is Valentine’s Day, an anniversary or another day that is important for both of you. Over the years you will build a garden of love together.
6. Make your own coupons. These coupons can be given and used any time throughout the year for things your significant other would enjoy. Maybe a foot rub, a cup of organic cocoa, dinner out at a local restaurant, or a movie night at home with homemade popcorn.
7. Go on an adventure. When was the last time you went for a hike, a walk, a bike ride, or a picnic on the beach? Perhaps an ecotourism trip or a volunteer beach clean up would fit you both best? Whatever adventure works for you both, do it, don’t put it off another month or year.
8. Look up at the stars. The world is so much bigger than we are and so beautiful and inviting all at the same time. Take time to find a patch of grass, lay down a blanket and look up at the stars with your honey. You can even look online to have a star named after your loved one if you want to take this gift to the next level. Otherwise, just enjoy being together and gazing up, dreaming, laughing or listening to the silence.
9. Write your love story. If you enjoy writing, this will work for you for sure, and even if you don’t it might inspire you to start writing. Find time once a week to write your love story. We all love reading those romance novels, yet may not realize that we have been living our own romance story. Once you start writing you may not be able to stop. This gift is wonderful to work on together as well.
10. Speak kindly to each other. One of the most important ways to gift love to your sweetheart is to speak with care and respect everyday. If you already do these things then great! If not, then try to start and see what a difference it will make. Say “I love you” in the morning and at night, at minimum. Compliment your honey at least once a day. And, thank your honey for the love you share. Your love alone is truly the most natural and beautiful gift you will ever share.