These sauces are fantastic on vegetables, potatoes, or meats. It features the salty taste of anchovy.
Italian Green Sauce
- 1 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 2 Tbs capers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp anchovy paste (or 1 anchovy fillet)
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbs pine nuts
- Mince together the parsley leaves, capers, and garlic using a sharp knife or mezzaluna.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and whisk together with the anchovy paste, olive oil, and red wine vinegar.
- Add the pine nuts and whisk again.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 anchovies
- 1 Tbs capers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Purée in a blender or food processor all the ingredients until smooth.
- Allow the sauce to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before using.
Note: Parsley is much more than a garnish to be thrown on a plate. Parsley is a good source of vitamin C and vitamin A. Parsley is also a good source of folic acid, which is important for a healthy heart. When ever possible use fresh parsley instead of dried parsley flakes. When shopping for parsley it should be fresh, crisp, and a dark green color. If you grow your own parsley you can chop it and freeze in freezer storage bags.