Salsa Verde - Italian Green Sauce Recipes
These sauces are fantastic on vegetables, potatoes, or meats. It features the salty taste of anchovy.
Italian Green Sauce
- 1 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 2 Tbs capers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp anchovy paste (or 1 anchovy fillet)
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbs pine nuts
- Mince together the parsley leaves, capers, and garlic using a sharp knife or mezzaluna.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and whisk together with the anchovy paste, olive oil, and red wine vinegar.
- Add the pine nuts and whisk again.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 anchovies
- 1 Tbs capers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Purée in a blender or food processor all the ingredients until smooth.
- Allow the sauce to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before using.
Note: Parsley is much more than a garnish to be thrown on a plate. Parsley is a good source of vitamin C and vitamin A. Parsley is also a good source of folic acid, which is important for a healthy heart. When ever possible use fresh parsley instead of dried parsley flakes. When shopping for parsley it should be fresh, crisp, and a dark green color. If you grow your own parsley you can chop it and freeze in freezer storage bags.
You Should Also Read:
Shrimp and Mozzarella Kabobs
Chicken Breasts With Garlic Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.