Make Martial Arts Part of Your New Year
- Great form of exercise.
- Can be enjoyed by all ages and as a family or a group
- Not bound by physical limitations, there’s a style out there for everyone
- There are hundreds of styles to choose from, never an end to the variety or the learning
- Meet new people and gain new perspective
- Build self-confidence
- Learn important self-defense techniques
- Improve your body’s flexibility, endurance, and strength
- Improve discipline
- Gain skills in strategic thinking
- Great stress relief
- A life-long lesson that will stay with you through all stages of life
And of course, some fun things you will get to do because you start on the path of Martial Arts:
- Be like Neo from the Matrix and wake up one morning to say “I know [insert style here].”
- Break out some cool moves on the dance floor, doing like Bruce Lee!
- Impress your friends and family with what you’ve learned
- Warn people, “My finger is mightier than your fist.”
- Convince your mother/father to join you and have an excuse to do a grapple technique on them
- Convince your son/daughter to join you and have an excuse to give them a bear hug every day
- Convince your significant other to join you and can then literally say “I sweep him/her off his/her feet.”
If you’re looking for tips on how to join or find a school, check out these other articles:
Finding a School
If you’re interested in understanding more about a particular style, check out this listing:
What is… series
There are many other articles under this column with other tips and information about Martial Arts to enjoy.
Let’s make 2006 a year for you to add Martial Arts to your New Year’s Resolutions!
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Caroline Chen-Whatley. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Caroline Chen-Whatley. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.