Shrimp Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
Let this great dish sail its way to your next dinner party. Your guests will be impressed and you won’t be rushed by this stress less dish.
- 1 10 ounce package frozen peas
- 1 pound small cooked shrimp, peeled
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Tbs Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 3 large green bell peppers, cut lengthwise in half and cleaned
- Rinse the peas under cold water to separate.
- In a bowl toss the peas, shrimp, red bell pepper, celery, Asiago cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and parsley.
- Allow the shrimp mixture to rest for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Fill the green bell peppers with the shrimp mixture.
Note: If you cannot find Asiago cheese use mild provolone.
When people think of adding vitamin C to their diets they most often think of citrus fruits. Bell peppers have twice the amount of vitamin C as an orange. Over 50% of the vitamin A requirement is included in 1 cup of bell pepper. Unlike high sugar fruits, a cup of bell pepper only has 24 calories.
When buying bell peppers select those that are firm, with tight skins, and bright, vibrant colors. There should be no soft spots and the stems should be firm and green. Colored peppers don't last quite as long as green bell peppers.
Red bell peppers are fully ripened peppers. Green bell peppers are unripe bell peppers. All other colored peppers are fully ripened peppers. Paprika is a spice made from ripened, dried, and ground bell peppers.
You Should Also Read:
Baked Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Quick and Easy Italian Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.