How to Putt Better
The first he says is important is the set up as in a full swing it is works for putting as well. This set up is broken down in five lines that will allow for the proper length of putter to fit your physical make up.
1. The putter shaft should be in line with the forearms following the same plane as your arms. This allows the putter shaft to consistently move together within the stroke. He adds that you must grip the putter in the palm of the hands instead of the fingers.
2. Your hands are now positioned directly under your shoulders as you bow forward from the hips as the upper body faces the ground. With the hands under the shoulders will stay clear of the upper body. It helps if you have a slight amount of elbow bend to relieve tension in the arms and hands.
3. Your eyes should come to rest over the ball and secure your eyes to the ball. As you check your target line your eyes are on the line or just inside of that line.
4. Your weight should be balanced, when your eyes are over the ball position your feet the correct distance from the ball so you feel the weight in the middle of your feet. If you are too close your weight will be on the heel, it too far you will feel the weight on your toes.
5. Your putter shaft should be 90 degree angle to the ground. Don’t lean the putter shaft forward or back at address that changes the loft of the putter, you want the putter blade to be square or 4 degree as that is what is needed to get a proper roll.
If one follows all these direction in your putting set up you will move the putter in a small arc back and through the ball. This is recommended instead of straight back and through. Keep this arc small with no extra movement of the shoulders. If you follow all these rules in set up for your putting stroke you will become a better putter and lower your score.
These tips called The Tee Box with lessons from The Teaching Pro’s are very useful and are brief so there are not too many things you have to think about when taking the lessons to your practice range or green.
My ebook “Golf is Forever” is now available. Check out this web site to find what it is about and how to order a copy.
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Letta Meinen. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Letta Meinen. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Sandy Eggers for details.