A luscious dish that is deceptively easy to make.
- 2 cups of bread cubes
- 8 ounces of crab meat
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup Provelone cheese, shredded
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- non-stick cooking spray
- Toast the bread cubes in the oven.
- Slice the celery and shallot.
- Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with the cooking spray.
- Arrange the bread crumbs in an even layer over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Mix the crab, celery, and shallot.
- Sprinkle the crab mixture over the bread cubes.
- In a bowl beat the eggs. Whisk in the milk, salt, and Dijon mustard.
- Pour the egg-milk mixture over the crab.
- Sprinkle the cheese over egg-milk mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Note: If using canned crab drain it well before mixing with the celery and shallot.