Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, the sequel to Alvin and the Chipmunks, is directed by Betty Thomas, written by Jon Vitti and Jonathan Aibel & Glenn Berger, distributed by 20th Century Fox, and produced by Regency Enterprises and Bagdasarian Productions. In this live-action/CGI comedy film, Alvin, Simon and Theodore are introduced to their female counterparts, The Chipettes.
During a benefit concert in Paris, David Seville (Jason Lee) finds himself badly injured and rushed to the hospital. Left to recuperate, David puts the boys in the care of his Aunt Jackie (Kathryn Joosten). Unfortunately, another accident at the airport changes the arrangements, leaving Toby Seville (Zachary Levi), an video gaming fanatic, in charge of caring for the boys and ensuring that they attend school.
In the meantine, Ian Hawke (David Cross), the former manager of The Chipmunks who is now employed, is hit with a stroke of luck when three singing female chipmunks, Brittany (Christina Applegate), Jeanette (Anna Faris), and Eleanor (Amy Poehler), introduce themselves to Ian as The Chipettes. After hearing them sing, Ian soon discovers that they may be his ticket back to the top.
Things really start to get interesting and entertaining as the jealous jocks at the boy's new school begin trying to bully the boys, especially Alvin who has gained the attention of many of the females in their class. But, of course, they soon find themselves in the office of Dr. Rubin, their principal. A huge fan of the chipmunks, she offers the boys an opportunity to keep from being suspended, save the school's music program by representing them in the Battle of the Bands. The boys agree. Unfortunately, tension begins to emerge between Alvin and Simon when Alvin begins socializing with the jocks. Poor Theodore feels the weight of his brother's constant battling tearing them part. To make matters even worse, Ian has found out about The Chipmunks' plan to perform and puts his own plan in motion.
Although instant crushes develop when The Chipmunks and The Chipettes meet, a rivalry ensues when the manipulative Ian forces a competition between the trios to see who will represent the school in the competition. Will the boys be able to fix their relationship in time to win the competition, or will the girls take over the show?
Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel is a really cute movie. I wan't sure if I would enjoy it, but I loved The Chipettes. My children absolutely enjoyed it, as I expected that they would. I've always thought that Theodore and Eleanor were adorably sweet, but even more so now. It was exciting see characters that I watched as a child transformed into modern day. The film ultimately allowed parents the opportunity to share with their children a part of their past that was also relative to the present.
* Jason Lee as David "Dave" Seville
* Zachary Levi as Toby Seville
* David Cross as Ian Hawke
* Wendie Malick as Dr. Rubin
* Anjelah Johnson as Julie Ortega
* Kevin G. Schmidt as Ryan Miller
* Chris Warren, Jr. as Xander
* Bridgit Mendler as Becca Kingston
* Aimee Carrero as Emily
* Kathryn Joosten as Aunt Jackie Seville
* Brando Eaton as Jeremy Smith
* Justin Long as Alvin (speaking voice)
* Matthew Gray Gubler as Simon (speaking voice)
* Jesse McCartney as Theodore (speaking voice)
* Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. as Alvin (singing voice)
* Steve Vining as Simon (singing voice)
* Janice Karman as Theodore (singing voice)
* Christina Applegate as Brittany (speaking voice)
* Anna Faris as Jeanette (speaking voice)
* Amy Poehler as Eleanor (speaking voice)
* Janice Karman as the Chipettes (singing voices)
* Quest Crew as Li'l Rosero Dancers
* Charice Pempengco as herself
* Honor Society as themselves
* Eric Bauza as Digger the Gopher
Content copyright © 2015 by Cathy Spearmon. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Cathy Spearmon. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cathy Spearmon for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.