Dealing With Christmas Stress
I have put together a few suggestions that may help.
- Get up a little earlier in the morning, at least once a week and read about the very first Christmas. Share these verses with your family.
- Enjoy Christmas music in your home while decorating, cooking, cleaning or wrapping gifts. Some of my favorite Christmas CDs are:
Midnight Clear (An intimate acoustic Christmas with guitars and other instruments)
Breath Of Heaven: A Christmas Collection by Vince Gill
A Christmas Story by Point of Grace
- Mend a broken relationship with a family member or friend.
- Colossians 3:13,14
You must make allowance for each other’s faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony.
- Colossians 3:13,14
- Take a plate of Christmas goodies to a grumpy neighbor.
- Wish a “Merry Christmas” to every sales clerk you come into contact with.
- Throughout the holiday season, give your family the gift of a sweet disposition.
Finally, reflect on this Gift at the end of every day.
- John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
- Ephesians 2:8,9
God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
Find some beautiful Christmas music Here.
I read this book on Thanksgiving Day and want to get it for all the children in my life. I want to read it to them at Christmas and at Easter. This beautiful folk tale tells the Easter story from a new and unusual point of view. Children will be deeply touched as they understand, perhaps for the first time, the significance of Christ’s life and his atoning sacrifice on the cross.
You Should Also Read:
Christmas Spirit In Music (store)
In God We Trust
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lynne Chapman for details.