Peace.. in War
It is described as a peace that transcends all understanding. In order to be able to have access to that peace, we must stay in close communication with God, its source.
- Isaiah 26:3 says;
- You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you!
- Philippians 4:6-7
- don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand, His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
What can you do? Instead of sitting back and feeling helpless, take action.
- Read the Bible everyday. Find a quiet place and start your day with God’s word. Whether it is only a few verses or one chapter, do it everyday.
- Memorize this verse;
Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger—so why should I tremble?
- Pray. Prayer is simply talking to God. Tell Him your concerns. When worries come to mind discuss it with Him. He is interested in even the smallest incident of your life. There is nothing too great or too small for His loving care. Ask Him to give you His peace that transcends all understanding.
- Pray for our President. Pray that he has wise counsel and that he has the wisdom to make the decisions that are required of him. And pray that President Bush finds time to pray regularly, to renew his spirit.
- Pray for the men and women in our military. Pray that they will be protected and that they will have courage. Pray for encouragement and peace of mind for their families.
You Should Also Read:
And When You Pray...
Tha Art of Thanksgiving
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lynne Chapman for details.