Here are the headlines to come out of the anime industry since the last newsletter:
- The Ottawa International Animation Festival will be screening the Canadian premiere for One Piece Film Strong World and the North American premiere of the independent anime film, Midori-Ko. The festival's "Time Out of Mind" program will also be showcasing independent films and shorts, such as Osamu Tezuka's "Broken Down Film" and "Jumping." The festival will be held October 20-24.
- The 5th International Rome Film Festival will be hosting a Studio Ghibli retrospective. The retrospective will feature: Karigurashi no Arrietty, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Only Yesterday, and Whisper of the Heart. The festival will also be screening several Studio Ghibli documentaries. The screening of Karigurashi no Arrietty on November 4 will be the film's first screening at a film festival. The 5th International Rome Film Festival will run from October 28 through November 5.
- Media Blasters has announced that the company is involved with RAREFLIX DVD / BLU RAY KIOSK, which is a rental machine designed to specialize in anime. The first machine is already in the field, located at Image Anime in New York City. The kiosk stocks new releases and classics from all of the US anime companies. Over the next 18 months, Media Blasters is planning a national rollout of over 100 additional Rareflix kiosks; the company plans to concentrate on high traffic college campuses and comic shops in the Northeast portion of the United States.
- Media Blasters has announced that the company is changing their release for the Kanokon anime series. Instead of releasing the second and third volumes of the anime series, the company will instead release a complete box set in March 2011.
- Viz Media has announced that the company is streaming the second season of the Vampire Knight anime series. The stream is available through Viz Media's website and HULU. Vampire Knight is rated T+ for Older Teens.
- Right Stuf, Inc. and Nozomi Entertainment have announced that they will be releasing the Dirty Pair: The Original TV Series, Part 2 DVD collection on February 1, 2011. This is the second of two 13-episode DVD sets, and features remastered video from the Japanese DVD release. There will also be Japanese audio, English-language subtitles and English on-screen translations.
- Kawaii Kon, an anime convention and conference in Hawaii, has announced its first round of guests for the 2011 con. So far, the announced guests are: Jonathan Tarbox (the owner of Arashi Productions, a California-based production house that creates projects to develop manga, anime, film and other content for the American market) and Scott McNeil (a voice actor who has worked on such anime productions as Gundam Wing, Dragon Ball Z, Inuyasha, Reboot, Ranma 1/2, Project A-Ko, The Vision of Escaflowne, and Megaman). The convention will be held at the Hawaii Convention Center from April 29-May 1, 2011.
There are topics in the anime forum for these news stories. If you'd like to join in on the discussion, there's a link to the forum later in the newsletter. You need to have a BellaOnline forum account in order to post, but signing up for a forum account is free.
|Bamboo Blade: The Complete Series||DVD|
|Eden of the East: The Complete Series||DVD|
|Eden of the East: The Complete Series||Blu-Ray|
|Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2: Part 3||DVD|
|Naruto Shippuden Box Set 4||DVD|
|The Slayers Revolution||Blu-Ray|
|The Slayers Evolution-R||Blu-Ray|
|Tears to Tiara||DVD|
|Tears to Tiara||Blu-Ray|
|This week, I posted three new articles to the Anime site. The first is an overview of the anime series, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. The second is a review of Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volume 1. The third article is a review of Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volume 2. In addition, I have added words from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi the list for the anime word games, and both volumes of Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi have been added to the main page for the Anime Shop. Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volume 1 is also an Editor's Recommendation on the main page for the Anime site.|
Here's the latest articles from the Anime site at BellaOnline.com.
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi is an anime series created and produced by Gainax.
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volume 1
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volume 1 is a DVD that contains the first four episodes of the series.
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volume 2
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volume 2 is a DVD that contains three episodes of the series.
Please visit Anime.bellaonline.com for even more great content about Anime.
To participate in free, fun online discussions, this site has a community forum all about Anime located here -
I hope to hear from you sometime soon, either in the forum or in response to this email message. I thrive on your feedback!
Thank you for your support of the BellaOnline Anime site, newsletter, and forum. Be sure to watch your inbox next Wednesday for the October 27th edition of the BellaOnline Anime newsletter.
Have fun passing this message along to family and friends, because we all love free knowledge!
Lesley Aeschliman, Anime Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com