Here are the headlines to come out of the anime industry since the last newsletter:
- FanimeCon has announced that director Seiji Mizushima will be a Guest of Honor for this year's convention, which is taking place May 27-30 in San Jose, California. Mizushima has worked in the anime industry for over 20 years, and his directing credits include Shaman King, Fullmetal Alchemist (2003-2004), Gundam 00. During the convention, Mizushima will answer audience questions in panels and sign materials during an autograph session.
- FanimeCon has announced that animator and character designer Takahiro Yoshimatsu will appear as a Guest of Honor at this year's convention, which is May 27-30 in San Jose, California. He has worked on such anime series as Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Trigun, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, and Jubei-chan. Yoshimatsu will participate in panels and an autograph session.
- The video site Crackle has announced that it has begun streaming the Ultraviolet: Code 044 television anime series and the Viper's Creed television anime series in the United States. Ultraviolet: Code 044 is based on Kurt Wimmer's 2006 live-action Ultraviolet film, and was directed by the late Osamu Dezaki. Viper's Creed was directed by Shinji Aramaki.
- Netflix has announced that the site has added Death Note to its Instant Watch streaming library, and all 37 episodes are available. However, the Netflix streams feature the original Japanese audio with English subtitles.
- Sentai Filmworks announced at the company's Kawaii Kon panel that it has acquired the license for the Kobato anime, which is based on a manga by CLAMP. In the series, Kobata is a young girl who "cures" other people's pain by filling a mysterious bottle with feelings of suffering from their hearts. Sentai Filmworks is expecting to release the series in August 2011.
- Discotek Media has announced on the company's Facebook page that it has acquired the license to the D.N. Angel anime series.
- FUNimation has announced that for an unspecified "limited time," subscribers to the iOTV cable television provider will have access to the company's anime titles on demand. Subscribers can access this material by going to channel 500, selecting "Movies on Demand," and then selecting "Funimation Anime."
- AniMinneapolis has announced two anime voice actors as guests for their upcoming convention. The first is Chris Rager, a voice actor for FUNimation Studios; his credits include Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Case Closed, Lupin III, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Yu Yu Hakusho. The other is Spike Spencer, and his credits include Evangelion, Battle Angel, Orphen, Buso Renkin, and Bleach. AniMinneapolis will be taking place July 8-10, 2011 at The Northland Inn in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Movie distributor Eleven Arts is partnering with FUNimation Entertainment to release the Trigun: Badlands Rumble anime film to theaters in summer 2011. Some theaters will show an English-dubbed version of the film, while other theaters will show the film with the Japanese language track and English subtitles.
There are topics in the anime forum for these news stories. If you'd like to join in on the discussion, there's a link to the forum later in the newsletter. You need to have a BellaOnline forum account in order to post, but signing up for a forum account is free.
|Ghost Sweeper Mikami DVD Collection 4||DVD|
|Junjo Romantica Season 2 DVD Collection||DVD|
|Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys||DVD|
|Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker||DVD|
|Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars Thinpack DVD Collection||DVD|
Since sending out the last newsletter, I have spent a couple of days doing a bit of work to the Anime site. I have slightly renamed some of the categories, created subcategories within several of the categories, and I have also made it so articles that fit into more than one category can be found in all the categories that it belongs in. By doing this, my hope is to make the Anime site more user friendly, and to make it easier to locate articles for readers browsing the site. If you have any questions or comments regarding the reorganization, please feel free to let me know through the contact link at the Anime site.
This week, I posted two new articles to the Anime site. The first is an overview article for the Puppet Master Sakon anime series. The second is an overview article for the Soul Link anime series. I have also added words from Puppet Master Sakon and Soul Link to the list for the anime word games. I am also featuring the Cowboy Bebop Remix Volume 2 DVD as an Editor's Recommendation this week.
Here's the latest articles from the Anime site at BellaOnline.com.
Puppet Master Sakon
Puppet Master Sakon, which is known in Japan as Karakurizoshi Ayatsuri Sakon, is an anime based on a manga series written by Masaru Miyazaki (under the name Sharaku Maro) and illustrated by Takeshi Obata.
Soul Link is an anime series based on a visual novel developed by Navel.
Please visit Anime.bellaonline.com for even more great content about Anime.
To participate in free, fun online discussions, this site has a community forum all about Anime located here -
You can follow the official Twitter feed for BellaOnline's Anime section.
Become a fan of the Anime at BellaOnline Fan Page at Facebook.
I hope to hear from you sometime soon, either in the forum or in response to this email message. I thrive on your feedback!
Thank you for your support of the BellaOnline Anime site, newsletter, and forum. Be sure to watch your inbox next Wednesday for the May 11th edition of the BellaOnline Anime newsletter.
Have fun passing this message along to family and friends, because we all love free knowledge!
Lesley Aeschliman, Anime Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com