Grilled Fish Steaks Recipe
You can make this easy, but tasty main course either under the broiler or over an open grill.
This simple recipe includes rosemary and parsley, with olive oil and lemon juice. These ingredients keep the fresh moist while enhancing the natural flavor of the fish.
Grilled Fish Steaks
- 3 pounds, fish steaks or fillets (salmon, tuna, swordfish, turbot, perch, haddock, or fresh cod)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lemons
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary (2 tsp dried)
- 2 Tbs chopped, fresh parsley (½ dried)
- fresh ground, black pepper
- Make a battuto by chopping the garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt, and pepper until everything is reduced to a paste.
- Mix the olive oil and the juice the lemon together in a small bowl.
- Brush both sides of the fish with the mixture.
- Sprinkle the fish evenly, on both sides, with the battuto.
- Place the fish, on a hot grill (or under a broiler).
- When the first side is browned, turn over carefully.
- Brush with the oil-lemon mixture, and cook until both sides are browned and the fish begins to flake.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Charcoal Companion Nonstick Rectangular Basket
When making this dish I like to use a grilling basket. It allows me to turn the the steaks, without breaking the fish. I like the ability to adjust the height of the basket. It prevents food slippage. I use mine for grilling eggplant, peppers, sausages, and many other foods.
You Should Also Read:
One-Dish Italian Fish - Microwave Recipe
Italian Grilled Tuna Recipe
Shrimp Marinated in Lemon Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.