Roast Garlic Bruschetta Recipe
These are quick and light appetizers, perfect for a summer day.
- 3 large heads of garlic
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
- 12 oz chevré goat cheese
- 2 Tbs fresh basil
- Remove the paper out skin from the heads of garlic, leaving the cloves connected to the head. With a knife, cut a thin sliver from the top of each garlic head, exposing the cloves.
- Coat the tops of the garlic heads with olive oil.
- Place the garlic heads, cut sides up, on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle 1 Tbs of water over the garlic heads. Fold the foil over the garlic, sealing it tightly.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until the garlic is soft.
- Remove from the oven and refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the garlic pulp by squeezing the cloves. Place them in a food processor.
- Add the chevré cheese. Process it until smooth.
- Add the tomatoes and basil leaves. Pulse until it is blended through the garlic cheese mixture.
- Slice the bread into 1/2 inch slices. Lay the slices flat on a cookie tray and toast them gently under the broiler.
- Spread each slice with the roast garlic cheese spread.
- Garnishes of sliced olives or fresh herbs add the to texture and color.
Note: As an easy party spread, you can serve this in a bowl with breads or crackers.
You Should Also Read:
Goat Cheese with Basil and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe
Black Olive Garlic Bread
Parmesan Cheese Garlic Bread Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.