Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
The Weeks Prompt is 'Mystery' ~ God's Mysteries
This week’s prompt is ‘mysteries’ with emphasis on the fifth definition. Whether you are a believer or not, these daily prompts will challenge you to know what you believe. Most of the time mysteries are left ‘unknown’ but mysteries of God can be found and grasped with the help of His Spirit. Take this journey and see if you can find any answers to the mysteries of God.
First let us review the actual definition for the word mystery:
mystery >noun (pl. mysteries)
1.... something that is difficult or impossible to understand or explain.
2.... secrecy or obscurity.
3.... a novel, play, or film dealing with a puzzling crime.
4.... (mysteries) the secret rites of an ancient or tribal religion.
5.... chiefly Christian Theology a religious belief based on divine revelation.
6.... an incident in the life of Jesus or of a saint as a focus of devotion in the Roman Catholic Church.
-ORIGIN Greek musterion, related to mystic.
Day One ~
Let us discover what the word ‘mystery’ actually means. Write your own definition then compare it to Webster’s definition. Journal today about your perception and the actual meaning of the word according to Webster.
Day Two ~
Mysteries of Bible Prophecy......There are fourteen mysteries recorded in the New Testament. Choose one and journal about what you found.
* The mystery of the kingdom – Matthew 13:11
* The mystery of the Rapture – I Corinthians 15:51
* The mystery of His will – Ephesians 1:9-10
* The mystery of Christ – Ephesians 3:3-11; Colossians 4:3
* The mystery of marriage – Ephesians 5:32
* The mystery of the gospel – Ephesians 6:19
* The mystery of Christ in you – Colossians 1:26-27
* The mystery of God – Colossians 2:2-3; Revelation 10:7
* The mystery of iniquity – II Thessalonians 2:7
* The mystery of the faith – I Timothy 3:9
* The mystery of godliness – I Timothy 3:16
* The mystery of seven stars and seven candlesticks – Revelation 1:20
* The mystery of the harlot and the beast – Revelation 17:5,7
Day Three ~
The mystery of physical change is another topic found in Scripture. It tells us that ‘we shall be changed.” Locate this verse and journal about what you believe it is saying and what it means for today.
Day Four ~
Mysteries of the Church.....There are five mysteries recorded in the New Testament. Choose one and journal about what you found.
* It is CALLED the mystery of Christ – Ephesians 3:4; Colossians 4:3
* It is COMPOSED of both Jews and Gentiles – Ephesians 3:6; Colossians 1:27
* It is CENTERED in the Person of Jesus Christ our Lord – Colossians 1:25-27
* It is COMPARED to the institution of marriage – Ephesians 5:31-32
* It was CONCEALED in other ages – Ephesians 3:5; Colossians 1:26
Day Five ~
Mysteries of Lawless Conduct....This is another interesting topic. There are three mysteries to explore today. Choose one and journal about what you learned.
* It PROVIDES the atmosphere for the ‘Man of Sin’ to desecrate the temple – I Thessalonians 2:7-8
* It PROVES that there is One who controls the rebellion – I Thessalonians 2:6-8
* It PUTS deception into the hearts of those who follow its rebellion – I Thessalonians 2:9-12
Day Six ~
Mysteries of Global Corruption.....This topic is relevant today as our world heads toward a one world government. Pay special attention to these three mysteries and the consequences that accompany them.
* It has POLLUTED all nations – Revelation 17:15
* It has PERSECUTED God’s people – Revelation 17:6; 18:24
* It will be PUNISHED by God – Revelation 17:16-18; 18:21-23
Day Seven ~
As you journal today, begin by reviewing what you have learned this week. Journal today about which mystery you would like to research more.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Kathy Garcia. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kathy Garcia. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Kathy Garcia for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.