In my opinion, there are two approaches to finding new customers: Active or passive. Promoting your product actively means you are getting out on a regular basis and meeting new people. Passively marketing your product means you are expecting new customers to find you. In this video and article I share ways to find and attract new customers. Be sure to turn up your speakers.
From my own marketing experiences, I know that both the active and passive approaches to finding new customers can work. It is though, up to you to determine which method will work best with your goals and personality style. In an ideal world, your marketing plan should contain some of both the active and passive methods for reaching your target market.
Let me give you few examples of how to actively and passively find customers:
1. Networking to meet potential clients/customers and build ongoing relationships is a powerful way to prospect for new business. Networking not only involves meeting new people but also means that you are actively committing to following up with the people you meet.
2. Drop-ins can also be called cold calling because you are calling on people and businesses without making an appointment. With the drop-in method, you are meeting prospective customers by “dropping-in” to introduce what you do and the products and/or services you are offering. This method generally involves leaving printed materials and samples for them to try.
3. Begin a conversation with a stranger. One of the easiest ways to meet new people is to start talking and let them know what you do.
1. Social media is an effective way to attract and meet new customers from anywhere in the world. The use of social media is currently one of the most popular and least expensive forms of advertising. When I’m talking social media, I’m talking about using Facebook, Twitter and blogging as a “real-time” way to help potential clients and customers get to know you, like you and trust you. The key to using social media effectively is to be consistent with your marketing plan.
2. Ads on the Internet and in print materials can produce results if they are aimed specifically at your target market. There are Google ads, affiliate ads on blogs, free ads on Craigslist, paid advertising in your local newspaper and so many others. Targeted ads are a tried and true form for marketing your products.
3. Buying quality leads can be a financial hit or miss. The mailing lists you purchase from dealers and brokers can often prove to be expensive and time consuming to use and work. Do your due diligence and make sure the lists you are purchasing are accurate, fresh, clean and aimed at your target market.
The key to a successful prospecting and marketing campaign is to determine whether actively seeking out new customers or passively waiting for new customers to find you, will best serve your business and your personality style. You’ll only be successful in finding new customers if you stay true to the method of marketing that fits your personality and your professional plans for the future.
I'd like to recommend my Kindle ebook How To Keep Yourself and Your Business On Track. The empowered woman's guide to staying focused on your money making goals. Here's a direct link: How To Keep Yourself and Your Business On Track (Women Empowering Women)
I'd also like to recommend another Kindle book I authored, How To Create The Mindset of Prosperity and Wealth - The empowered woman's guide to developing and enjoying an unstoppable moneymaking attitude. Here's a direct link: How To Create The Mindset of Prosperity and Wealth (Women Empowering Women Series)
I am an affiliate of Amazon.com and if you purchase these books through this link, I will earn a commission as the author and as an affiliate.