Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
The Mindset of a Moneymaking Entrepreneur
In my opinion, a huge part of becoming and staying a moneymaking entrepreneur begins in your mind and works its way out into your business. Financially successful entrepreneurs think in terms of “how many ways” will and can I make my financial goals a reality.
Here are five “everyday” ways to develop the mindset of a moneymaking entrepreneur:
1. Set moneymaking goals. Goals are your roadmap to a prosperous future. Without well thought out and written goals, you’ll probably find yourself lacking direction and focus. I’ve found that in my own life, goals keep me going forward in positive and productive ways. They help me plan my day because goals turn into daily to-do lists. When you are focused on a motivating outcome, you are more of aware of how to use your time wisely.
2. Keep your goals where you can see them. A well-written goal can tap into your inner motivators. I’m a big believer in vision boards. You’ll want to read my review of Tess Denton’s book, Building a Powerful Vision Board. Being able to “see” your goals come to life is an emotional reminder of “why” you are willing to focus time and energy on those activities that will take you closer to making your financial goals a reality.
3. Visualize yourself financially successful. I’m reminded of a great quotation by Oprah Winfrey, “Even the wildest dreams have to start somewhere. Allow yourself the time and space to let your mind wander and your imagination fly.” If you can see and feel yourself as already financially successful, you are more likely to make the emotional commitment to staying the course until your goals become reality. Belieivng in yourself and your ability to succeed, is the cornerstone of a moneymaking mindset.
4. Eliminate negative self-talk. Sometimes, this is easier said than done. But, in order to achieve your moneymaking goals, a positive attitude and mindset is vital. The motivational speaker Zig Ziglar calls it “a check up from the neck up.” Take a good hard look at your self-talk – the words that you are saying to yourself. Day-to-day, are you encouraging or discouraging your own financial successes? Are you expecting success or preparing for disappointment?
5. Take consistent action. Moneymaking entrepreneurs work their goals consistently. You can work your business full time or part time but not sometime and expect to make money. Writing your goal is the first step, developing a workable plan of action is the next step. A goal without a plan is a daydream.
I believe you have the power to create great things in your life, if you give yourself permission to think and act like a moneymaking entrepreneur. I believe also that we place our own “glass ceiling” on our income potential. Your moneymaking potential will increase, as soon as your moneymaking mindset becomes and stays consistently positive and focused on creating moneymaking opportunities.
Here is an offsite link to Amazon.com - This is one of my favorite money books for women “Overcoming Underearning” by Barbara Stanny – I recommend it to my coaching clients: Overcoming Underearning(R): A Five-Step Plan to a Richer Life
I'd also like to recommend my Kindle book on Amazon.com, How To Create The Mindset of Prosperity and Wealth - The empowered woman's guide to developing and enjoying an unstoppable moneymaking attitude. Here's a direct link: How To Create The Mindset of Prosperity and Wealth (Women Empowering Women Series)
I've purchased this book for myself and my opinions are solely mine. I am also an affiliate of Amazon.com which means that if you purchase a book through this link, I will earn a commission.
Content copyright © 2013 by Sharon Michaels. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Sharon Michaels. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Sharon Michaels for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.