Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Women Are Proving Success Isnít Just For Men
Entrepreneurial women are starting, building and succeeding in their own businesses at a rate that is at times mind-boggling. Here is what I mean:
According to the Center For Women's Business Research there are over 10 million women-owned businesses in the US, employing 18 million people and generating $2.32 trillion in sales.
Women start businesses at two times the rate of men and women-owned businesses account for 28 percent of all businesses in the United States. Women entrepreneurs represent about 775,000 new startups per year and account for 55% of new startups.
In the past 25 years the number of women-owned firms in the US has doubled, employment has increased four-fold and their revenues have risen five-fold.
What does all this mean? I believe this means that now could very well be the time to start your own business Ė are you ready?
If you are reluctant to dip your toe into the entrepreneurial waters, hereís what I suggest you do:
1. Learn all you can about being a business owner. Do your research so youíll be able to make an educated decision about how to build and grow a successful business.
2. Know exactly ďwhyĒ you want to start a business. Have a clear picture in your mind and on paper of what the personal, professional and financial benefits you would expect to receive as a business owner.
3. What is it going to take to succeed at the type of business you want to begin? How much time, effort and financial commitment will you have to make in order to succeed in your new business? How much of a financial commitment are you willing to make?
4. Do you have a support network that will encourage and empower you along your path to entrepreneurial success? Itís no fun to go it alone Ė there is synergy and energy when like-minded and success-oriented women come together to support one anotherís goals of success.
5. Are you committed to not giving up before payday? So many new businesses fail because the owners quit before all their hard work begins to pay off. Ask yourself, ďAm I in it for the long haul?Ē
Are you ready to become one of the over 10 million women-owned businesses in the United States? If your answer is a resounding yes, then now is the time to start laying a strong business-building foundation for success. From personal experience Iíve found that success in business isnít just for men and I wish the same for you.
What do you think? Please share your thoughts and comments on the Business Coach forum, we'd love to hear from you.
I love a good success story! I recommend Shark Tales by Barbara Corcoran - it is a good autobiography filled with common-sense how-tos. Here is an offsite link to Amazon.com if you'd like to read more or purchase this book: Shark Tales: How I Turned 1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business
I also recommend The Girl's Guide to Building a Million Dollar Business by Susan Wilson Solovic. It is a well-written "how to" for starting and growing your own business - The Girls' Guide to Building a Million-Dollar Business
Disclosure: I purchased these books to read and review. All reviews are solely mine. As an affiliate of Amazon.com I will get paid on any purchase of this product from the links within this article.
Content copyright © 2013 by Sharon Michaels. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Sharon Michaels. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Sharon Michaels for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.