Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Lessons From The Secret Millionaire
Have you been watching the reality series The Secret Millionaire?
The premise of the series is a good one: Millionaires go to disadvantaged neighborhoods and live on a few dollars per day for one week. During that time, the secret millionaires volunteer with the various local groups that are working to better their neighborhoods. At the end of the week the millionaires give their own money to the causes and organizations they believe create the greatest value within the community.
As I’ve watched, I realize there are some valuable business lessons we can learn from not only the millionaires featured in the series but also from the citizens in these economically hard-hit neighborhoods. Here is what I’ve discovered:
1. Your genuine passion and enthusiasm can create unstoppable passion and enthusiasm within others. Successful women in business know that honest and sincere passion and enthusiasm can become a success magnet. The energy generated by your excitement, commitment and passion can literally attract others to you and to what you are offering. This heart-felt passion and enthusiasm to your cause, service or product is a huge factor in helping others know you, like you and trust what you are offering.
2. Keep your eyes on the goal. All the neighborhood organizations for which the millionaires volunteered had well defined goals – they knew where they were headed and what they wanted to accomplish. Each organization had clearly defined goals for improving their neighborhood. Everything the groups did day-to-day was aimed directly at improving their community. A goal is effective and achievable when you keep your ultimate objective in the forefront of your day-to-day activities.
3. Define a mission/purpose bigger than yourself. A true mission for your business and your life is about making a difference not only in your own life but also the lives of the people around you. The organizations highlighted in The Secret Millionaire series all had a mission and a purpose bigger, broader and more powerful than the people running them. I see how a few good people with good intentions and a powerful mission can positively impact the future of an entire community.
4. Action creates momentum. The millionaires showcased on the show became millionaires because they know how to take consistent and positive action. The organizations for which the millionaires volunteered were also in consistent positive action. These organizations didn’t just talk about changing what wasn’t working; they went out and became the change they wanted others to follow.
5. You have the ability to change lives for the better. Just one person can make a difference. The millionaires made a difference with both time and money and the community members made a huge difference with just their time and energy. An important message: You don’t have to be a millionaire to make a positive difference!
Watching the reality series The Secret Millionaire is reinforcing to me that a key to success is providing value to others. I believe if you want to become more successful then study what successful people are doing in their businesses and with their lives.
Here is an offsite link to Amazon.com - This is one of my favorite "success" books of all time “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill – it's been a classic for decades: Think and Grow Rich
I've purchased this book for myself and my opinions are solely mine. I am also an affiliate of Amazon.com and if you purchase this book through this link, I will earn a commission.
Content copyright © 2013 by Sharon Michaels. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Sharon Michaels. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Sharon Michaels for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.