Southwestern Lasagna (GF Option)
1. Preheat the oven to 325.
2. Rub the Southwest Spice Mix all over the pork roast. Over medium high heat in a shallow roasting pan, heat the olive oil, add the roast and sear on all sides. Add the can of tomatoes and ½ cup of water to the pan, cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and place in the oven for 2 hours until the meat is fork tender. Check the meat occasionally and add a bit of water if the pan gets dry. Shred the meat when it is cool enough to handle. Add the cooking liquid and tomatoes from the roast to the green chili enchilada sauce.
3. Increase oven temperature to 350.
4. Roast the peppers under a broiler or on a BBQ grill. The skin will char and blister. Remove the charred skin and seeds, but don’t rinse them under water, that will rinse away some of the flavor. Chop the peppers into ¼” dice.
5. Prepare the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
6. Combine the ricotta with the cream, chipotle chili powder, salt and pepper.
7. Spread ½ cup of the green chili sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch lasagna baking dish.
8. Cover the sauce with a slightly overlapping layer of cooked noodles.
9. Evenly spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Then spread ½ of the pork, poblano peppers and corn over the noodles. Spread 1 ½ cups enchilada sauce and 1/3 of the shredded pepper jack cheese. Repeat with a second layer.
10. Top with a third layer of noodles and another 1 ½ cups green chili sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining pepper jack cheese.
11. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the top is browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Visit my website oneredpot.com - for tips on Food Health Lifestyle.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Chicken & Dumplings (GF Option
Caramel Pecan Brownies (GF Option)
Zucchini and Dried Plum Bread (GF Option)
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Colleen Forgus. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Colleen Forgus. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.