Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Herb Roasted Pork Loin Dinner Recipe
On the occasions when the family are home all at the same time, it's great to sit around the table together for Sunday dinner. My Herbed Roasted Pork Loin Dinner recipe combines affordable, simple ingredients that can be found in your local market.
This recipe uses a 3 4 lb. roast as I like to have leftovers for sandwiches and maybe a stir fry the next day. However, work within your budget on how much meat you purchase and follow the roasting guidelines in the recipe. Enjoy!
3- 4 lb. boneless pork loin roast
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine (optional)
4 cloves minced fresh garlic
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
3 stems of fresh Thyme, stripped
3 stems of fresh Oregano, stripped
2 stems fresh Rosemary, stripped and chopped
1/4 cup fresh sage leaves, chopped
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1. Combine the olive oil, herbs, wine, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Rub this mixture all over the meat and marinate for 1 hour on the counter top covered or overnight. If your pork has been in the refrigerator bring it to room temperature for approximately 1 hour before continuing.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a large skillet over a medium high heat, brown the pork on all sides until golden brown. Use a pair of tongs if necessary to hold the meat. Place in a shallow roasting pan and cook, uncovered, until the internal temperature reaches 156 degrees F., approximately 60 minutes for this size roast. If you have a smaller roast, check the temperature after 30 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and place the pan on top of the stove and cover it with foil. Drain off the juices from the meat and set aside to add to the gravy. The meat will continue to cook and come to the desired temperature of 160 - 165 degrees F. while you roast your veggies. Raise the oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
The Roasted Veggies and Gravy
In this recipe I used simple ingredients which I had on hand in my refrigerator - carrots, celery and onions. You may add potatoes or any other veggies you wish to go along with this juicy pork recipe. I have given you guidelines for the quantities I used based on servings for 4 - 6 people. The method for roasting is the same.
6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1" pieces on the bias
5 ribs celery, cut into 1/2" pieces
2 onions, halved and cut into thick slices
Salt and pepper
3 stems fresh thyme
2 tsps. fresh rosemary, chopped
2 packets of pork gravy mix
Reserved juices from the pork
1. In a large bowl toss the veggies, salt, pepper and herbs in the olive oil. Roast in a shallow pan for approximately 30 minutes turning once halfway through cooking.
2. While the veggies are roasting, make the gravy according to package directions adding the reserved pork juices. Each packet usually makes 1 cup of gravy. Slice the pork just the way you like and serve immediately with the roasted veggies and gravy.
I used the left over pork sliced thinly, for sandwiches the next day.
Content copyright © 2015 by Allyson Elizabeth DŽAngelo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Allyson Elizabeth DŽAngelo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Allyson Elizabeth DŽAngelo for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.