Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Boxcar Children - Book Review
Gertrude Chandler Warner was a school teacher who searched for interesting, yet easy to read books for her students. She didn't find quite what she was looking for so she created The Boxcar Children Mysteries.
The Boxcar Children was a huge success. She wrote about the children in the Alden Family; Henry, Jessie, Violet and Benny. These kids were quite adventurous and always happen upon a mystery in each book.
The first nineteen books of the series were written by Gertrude Chandler Warner. Different writers continued the The Alden Family Mysteries series after her death.
In each book there is a few illustrations, this makes for a good read-a-loud as your children will be able to see what the Alden children look like, but then use their imagination as they get involved in the variety of mysteries.
The Boxcar Children Mystery Books 1-12 by Gertrude Chandler Warner
1. The Boxcar Children, Boxcar Children Book 1
2. Surprise Island, Boxcar Children Book 2
3. The Yellow House Mystery, Boxcar Children Book 3
4. Mystery Ranch, Boxcar Children Book 4
5. Mike’s Mystery, Boxcar Children Book 5
6. Blue Bay Mystery, Boxcar Children Book 6
7. The Woodshed Mystery, Boxcar Children Book 7
8. The Lighthouse Mystery, Boxcar Children Book 8
9. Mountain Top Mystery, Boxcar Children Book 9
10. Schoolhouse Mystery, Boxcar Children Book 10
11. Caboose Mystery, Boxcar Children Book 11
12. Houseboat Mystery, Boxcar Children Book 12
The Boxcar Children Bookshelf (The Boxcar Children Mysteries) Books 1-12
Sign up to receive the free Children Books Reviews newsletter. Don't miss an article.
The Boxcar Children books are mysteries for the young reader of chapter books. They capture the interest of younger children if you want to read a chapter a night to your children as they settle down for bed.
Series and Sequels Books for Children
Young Detective Books
Children Book Reviews
Dr. Seuss Books
Don Freeman's Books
Magic Tree House Books
Chronicles of Narnia Books
A Series of Unfortunate Events Books
Note: The Boxcar Children Books by Gertrude Chandler Warner are all on my bookshelf!
Content copyright © 2014 by Launa Stout. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Launa Stout. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Launa Stout for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.