How To Make Cleaning FUN!
Cleaning shouldn’t just be about making the home beautiful, although that is a very important part of it. Cleaning should also be about having fun – as a family, as a couple or all by yourself. There are many ways that this can be accomplished. Some ways might cost more money while most are FREE! Can’t beat free, right?
The most important aspect of cleaning is a POSITIVE ATTITUDE. This will make a huge difference. Whether for big or small jobs, your attitude makes a huge impact. This is true for cleaning as it is for everything else in life, too.
Here are my top 9 Ways to make Cleaning Fun – not in any particular order:
1. Turn the music on LOUD and Dance through the cleaning! Not only will this get the ‘job’ done but it will give you a boost of exercise and some extra energy. This is a great way to get children to enjoy cleaning, as well.
2. Set a timer and work as fast and as hard as you can. This is great for ‘team’ cleaning with family members. You decide which areas you each will clean and then you can reward the ‘winner’ at the end.
3. Singing is a great way to make the time go faster. If you aren’t a singer – try humming or whistling. It makes you feel good inside and out.
4. Have each member of the ‘cleaning crew’ take a different part of cleaning in a particular room. Then have a contest to see who can do the BEST and FASTEST job on their part.
5. Going a different direction with the Timer – when you have a big job to do – break it up into segments and see how much you can do in a certain amount of time in each section. When the timer rings, move on to a different section – no matter if you are finished. Keep rotating around the room until you finish.
6. Have different days for different rooms. (except Company Ready rooms). Make a game out of getting it done the earliest that you can. Reward yourself with a treat OUT somewhere at the end of the week or month.
7. For Kids: hide game pieces (large enough to find but small enough to hide) around the house. As your children do their chores they should be able to locate the game piece and earn a reward for accomplishing their chore. (rewards can be as big as you want to make it and as small as a sticker or piece of gum).
8. For the Adults: have a monthly contest for those ‘harder’, monthly type jobs that need to be done around the house (changing air filters, vacuuming cobwebs, touch up painting, powerwashing the outside of the house, pulling weeds, cleaning the driveway, washing cars, etc.) Have the assignments made ahead of time and the first one to complete their ‘To Do’ list wins the prize that you have mutually come up with. It might be a different prize for each individual.
9. If you like having one day (Saturday) to get all of your ‘major’ cleaning done – make a game out of it by setting a time to get all of the work completed and then at the end of the allotted time you can have Game Night or some other rewarding evening of your choice.
Whatever you decide to do, try to make cleaning fun for you and your family. The more it is fun the more cleaning will be accomplished by everyone. It is important to look forward to having a clean home every day and not just when company is coming. Good luck!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Tammy Judd. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tammy Judd. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tammy Judd for details.